Re: New Pete diary

So, with all that in mind, I was just wondering if anyone who held any of
those views was a little let down by Pete actually uttering the words "I'm
sorry" to his fans.

Do you feel he caved in by not holding his ground?  Does he seem any less
of a man for being concerned about his fans?  Has he lost some of that
tough aloofness that some of you seemed to respect & place faith in?

It's no problem. He's apologized on the one side, but he's making that sarcastic response to the newspapers on the other. He's not caved on the important issues--which are the way he's been treated in the whole mess.

There are still a couple of unanswered questions on the structure of the law and whether Pete paid that makes it questionable whether justice has been done. Plus, the newspapers are still out of control. What ever happened to that inquiry into the police leak? Shouldn't some of them been prosecuted for breaking the Official Secrets law?

Many of you took me & others to task for hoping for an apology & now that
the apology has come the reaction is, "There!  Are you happy now?  Will
this make you shut-up?!"

The answer is, yes, it *will* make me shut-up.  But I want to know how the
"Pete owes me nothing" crowd feels about this shocking turn of events.
Because apparently, Pete *did* owe us something!  Apparently he felt the
need to apologize directly to his fans.  Apparently he felt the need to
take the course of action that many of you decided he shouldn't.  I want
to know how those people feel now.

No problem. Pete still owes us nothing.

Was Pete wrong to apologize?  Or were those who thought he needn't bother
with an apology misguided in their gauging of the Pete/fan relationship?

We who hoped for an apology took a lot heat for our views.  Looks like
Pete heard us.  I simply want to know how the "Pete owes me nothing" camp
feels.

I thought he would have been very wrong to start off with an abject apology, crawling and sniveling for forgiveness. Doen't the picture just give you the shivers? This sounds fine.

keets