Re: New Pete diary

But I have to wonder.  I wonder about all you self-serving fuckheads out
there who thought you were being so goddamned pure, who thought you were
being such "true fans;" I wonder if *you've* now lost some respect for your
hero because he dared stoop so low as to say "I'm sorry" to his undeserving
fans for the "pain" he admits to causing.  Well,.....did ya',.....punks?

Must be quite a letdown for those of you who thought you knew him so well.

You'll have to ask beyond this list, I think. I don't recall that anyone here has said he'd be stooping to make an apology. I checked through a few lists and responses ran as follows:

1) No comment/lost in left field
2) Sadness that Pete feels bad about Who fans
3) Gladness that Pete sounds comfortable and himself again
4) Sue the bastards for libel

This expresses the same sentiments we have seen on this list, ranging from dove to hawk. I recently advocated the hawkish stand myself, but I think Pete's comments this week sound fine. As some other folks have noted, Pete seems back to his old self here and he's doing his typical schizo act: nasty sarcasm directed at the newspapers, a swipe at the authorities and some good words for his loyal fans. Pete has an ugly mouth; this kind of apology won't encourage anyone to attack him.

:)
keets