Re: New Pete diary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"

> > Now, that's uncalled for.  Who was going so far as to say they would
> > hold it against Pete if he apologized?
>
> No one said that.  I was just wondering if anyone felt that way now.

What kind of nonsense is that?  If no one said it, why would they feel that
way now?

> You see, a lot of you seemed very proud, secure, & smug in your "Pete owes
me
> nothing" counter-attack to my & other's hope for an apology.

Who?  I'm giving you the chance to say, not me, not Jon, not Jim in Co.  So,
who?  Who was a smug, self-serving fuckhead?  Who were "all" of those
people?  Who, who...Who, who?

> The answer is, yes, it *will* make me shut-up.  But I want to know how the
> "Pete owes me nothing" crowd feels about this shocking turn of events.

I feel like it was a very thoughtful, but unnecessary gesture.  I appreciate
it, but I didn't expect it.  Is that so hard to understand?

> Because apparently, Pete *did* owe us something!  Apparently he felt the
> need to apologize directly to his fans.  Apparently he felt the need to
> take the course of action that many of you decided he shouldn't.  I want
> to know how those people feel now.

Just because he apologized, doesn't mean he owed it to us.  Can't you grasp
the concept that I for one, didn't have a problem with the idea that Pete
would apologize, just the idea that he would be judged for not doing so.

> Was Pete wrong to apologize?  Or were those who thought he needn't bother
> with an apology misguided in their gauging of the Pete/fan relationship?

C.  None of the above.

> We who hoped for an apology took a lot heat for our views.  Looks like
> Pete heard us.  I simply want to know how the "Pete owes me nothing" camp
> feels.

Pete heard you!  Oh, give me a break.  This member of the "Pete owes me
nothing" camp thinks you've got an ego the size of Akron

Jim M