Re: New Pete diary

In a message dated 7/10/03 1:23:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> But I have to wonder.  I wonder about all you self-serving fuckheads out
> there who thought you were being so goddamned pure, who thought you were
> being such "true fans;" I wonder if *you've* now lost some respect for your
> hero because he dared stoop so low as to say "I'm sorry" to his undeserving
> fans for the "pain" he admits to causing.  Well,.....did ya',.....punks?
>
> Must be quite a letdown for those of you who thought you knew him so well.

Scott:

Pretty strong words there, playa partner bouyee. :-)
I was genuinely enjoying reading about the closure you're experiencing
-until I came to the big "BUT... "  (I knew better than to think it would have a
happy ending.) Then I saw the gun barrel and as I tried to reach for the AK and
started counting how many shots you fired over the exchange  I had to ask the
question...and since I feel lucky, I will answer this to you:

I assume this is directed at me, among others, as I didn't require an apology
from Pete and took the stand of backing off and letting him give it if/when
he felt to do so, not knowing what he had actually gone through. (as if he knew
we were all talking anyhow) I took the nonjudgmental approach while it played
out.  I took the NON self serving approach.  You however, aired about how YOU
felt in all of this, which is what the list is for by the way, demanded
satisfaction from Pete and we *dared* to call you on it.  And you call *us* self
serving Fuck-heads?

I wonder if you were just ashamed of Pete because your friends were making
fun of you.  Mine didn't make fun of me because I'm not a prick to them. (They
probably just did it behind my back like good friends do.) -I don't know, but
is this the case maybe? I know how you talk to us when you get annoyed. My
friends believed what I said because I don't have a habit of slamming them just
because I am able to. That is why I am better than you.  I am just the best. (
Gotcha! Just kidding, but that's how I perceive you'll perceive what I'm
saying) Is this what bothered you about Pete?  Did you feel because he had a
weakness, you had a weakness?  I don't see it as a weakness at all, just a mistake he
made, one that he is paying for personally big time. I felt bad for him, not
me.  Now that he apologized, I feel even better, because I know it is from his
heart that he cares about us as fans and not just to satisfy our demands.
You cannot "demand" respect nor an apology.  They have to be earned and come
from the heart.

I never claimed to know Pete so well nor do I consider myself more "pure"
because I give him some slack. Because I don't know him, I choose not to judge
him. Not that early.  I did know that he was fighting against child porn and
that's why I made the very first post on this with the header "Pete being
punished for his bravery." It is a brave thing to do to stick your neck out on behalf
of others and not just sit back and make fun of those that do so when they
fall down. Or make demands from them. Now we find out that it wasn't even
against the law at the time!?

I respect Pete now more than ever. An apology is not an admission of weakness
to me like you might suggest. This is good news to me because it means he is
starting to get over the pain and can look to our feelings now.  You don't
seem to understand what we were saying at all. He's a human being.

I listened to what you had to say and I did my best to understand your
feelings. I did understand them, I just didn't share them.

In the course of typing this I see I have been upgraded from a fuckhead to a
lunkhead, so I feel a little better. Anyhow, to answer your question this is
how I feel about it.

Gangsta.

Jon in Mi