Re: driving force?

I wouldn't be personally offended if I were you. Daltrey doesn't know you, and he is closer to The Who than any of us could imagine being. I tend to agree with him. I think Moon was the greatest rock drummer there was, and Entwistle was the greatest bass player ever, but in terms of driving The Who, passion for the band, passion to drive the band forward, and the importance the band took over other parts of their lives, I agree with Rog. Moonie was into everything. He loved The Who as well, but I think the band meant more to Rog and Pete. And Entwistle...well...he never seemed particularly empasioned about anything. But that was one of the things we loved about him, wasn't it?

-gern

Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:31:46 EDT
From: JOELTLE515@xxxxxxx
Subject: driving force?

I am personally offended by daltrey's comments that he and pete were the
driving force of the who. if ya ask me, that's bull. they ALL were a driving
force in their own ways. i'm sure you can all agree. that's like saying if
george harrison died first in the beatles, they would reunite and tour anyway
cause perhaps Lennon and mccartney were the driving force of the band?