Group interaction

	>From: "L. Bird"
	>Subject: Re: Keets vs. Fang and O&S.
>
>I took it for a rant.

Yes, I'd imagine you would.  The moment someone is critical of you, they're ranting.

>Were you expecting me to argue with you?

No, I was expecting you to give me enough respect to respond to some simple questions that were generated by your obvious insinuations.  Hey, if you're going to insinuate things, at least have the maturity to stand by them.
>I apologize if it sounded dismissive.

You didn't *sound* dismissive.  You were.

>Well, are you guys ganging up to deal with other members of the list or what?

This is exactly how you see it, and the world.  You'll go into more detail below to prove it, but everything is us vs. them to you.  And no, there's no ganging up going on.  For that matter, regarding your "FANG GAng", I've never seen any evidence of others "ganging" up on you or anyone else.  It's always been just one guy.
But regarding this list.....when a person launches an attack on three specific people, is it really such a surprise that those three people respond??    You really need to part from this habit of seeing everything as conspiracies.

>Or maybe folks just get really pissed when they find out I won't fight with them.

Or maybe folks (like me at the moment) really don't appreciate you making accusations, and implications, and then running when you're called on them.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, who else is it that uses this sort of "hit and run" kind of tactic.

>"Gangs" are a natural method of organizing human interaction.

BS.  Groups are a natural method of organization.  Birds of a feather.  Gangs imply coordination and groups acting as one.  It's a big leap.  You seem too eager to make it.  It's how you see the world and all the lists.  And, it's wrong.

>I belong to a couple myself,

I'm not surprised.  But, I don't.  I have a couple of people from this list that I interact with.

>That part is not a slam, but a neutral observation.

That part is simply how you elect to view the world.  Pretty cynical if you ask me.

>I don't like reading all that crap about Jeff on the list. As Mark said, it should have all been >kept private.

Exactly!  But when confronted by someone who *hasn't* kept it private, who repeatedly betrays the trust that is inherent when discussing private issues in private E-mail, by then posting those private things in public, you can't just sit there and wait for the next bomb to be dropped.  You, on the other hand seem to believe that by ignoring things, they'll go away.  Hmmmm, is that why after 5+ years you're still venting about this imagined "Fang Gang" ??????   Way to "get over it".  Way to "let it go".  Look in the mirror Keets.

>Actually, I'm something of an independent.

Oh, come on down from your pedestal.  Just because most listers don't have the time or energy to devote to surfing each and every Who list, doesn't make them less independent.

>I'll stop by the fringes of your gang for a while and participate, but I don't often swear
>allegiance.

You're perception of your world is really quite disturbing.  I haven't sworn any sort of allegiance to anything either.  Well, let me correct that, I've sworn not to divulge private discussions (unless I have to, to fight off someone doing the same).

>Jeff and I are friends, but we're not currently conspiring about anything.

Well, I would hope not.  But, according to your philosophy, you're a "gang".  So,.....there you have it.

>And if you're going to say I have to drop Jeff to be your friend, then you get the finger, too.

What the hell is wrong with you?  This is twice you are saying that people want you to end a friendship.  No one here has said that, implied that, insinuated that, or even gives a flying fuck if you do or you don't.  Be friends with whomever you want.

>Hmmm. I'll have to work on that. I think Relayers were working on how to do it with an emoticon, >but somebody said it just looked like Pete's nose. ;);)

I don't think I even need an emoticon for you to understand how I'm feeling about you at the moment.

Kevin in VT