daltrey quote misunderstood

> I am personally offended by daltrey's comments that he and pete were the
> driving force of the who.  if ya ask me, that's bull.  they
> ALL were a driving
> force in their own ways. i'm sure you can all agree.

I think all he meant was that they drove the band forward... Pete by writing the songs and developing the concepts, and Roger making sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and at the top of their games.  I don't think he was downplaying Keith and John's musical roles or their roles in live performances.  However, I think we all can agree that neither John nor Keith drove the band.  The were essential to the band's sound and identity, but were never driving forces.

Mc