Re: Solos

Scott wrote:

>This is evident on the bonus footage of the RAH DVD where Roger & Pete
are going over the pacing & song order of the show.  Roger says they should
build up the second half of the show slowly & they both agree to start it out
acoustically with Pete by himself.  You can tell Roger's really into it &
Pete is
very nearly ignoring him, strumming his guitar.  "So what songs do you think
you'll do," asks Roger?  "I dunno," responds Pete, rather flippantly.  Roger
looks at someone who's been listening & just laughs - conveying the unspoken
sentiment, "I've had to put up with this Pete Townshend guy & his attitudes
for 40 years!"  I love that bit.

I really like that too.  I can't decide if it's forced indifference or
true boredom.   I really think that Pete saves himself for the stage
and *curbs his enthusiasm* (a very funny show) at other times.

I love all the performances except for Brian Adams.  On BBE, Pete corrects
him by saying that "But my dreeeeee...eee...ams, they *aren't* as empty",
"not *are*" as empty."   It just didn't feel like he fit in.

Joe in Philly

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.