Re: TKAA DVD extras

> I think all of the isolated audio and video features are going to be
great.
> Haven't tried that with LAL, but I love that part in Young Man Blues on
WNDE
> that you mentioned when Pete cuts out and all you hear is John and Keith.

I played that snippet about 20 times before I made it to the enxt song when
I got the set. :)

> Which makes me wonder, with the best bassist in the history of rock and
> roll, how come The Who didn't feature more bass solos.  I mean there's
those
> little runs in My Generation and what else?  What's the really long recent
> version of 5:15 with an extended solo?  I think it was on Pete's website
> from the 2000 tour.  That was great.  Why didn't they do more of that?

Substitute by Ox's own admission was an attempt to do another solo, he
dominates the entire song as it is.  Call Me Lightning has a true solo and
does Dogs Part 2.  The Real Me is a solo with the rest of the band playing
backup. :)  Shakin All Over from his band and the Hotlicks tapes.

It's hard to top the soundcheck in Nashville 1998 when
during The Real Me The Ox by himself through some breakers, killing all the
power to the stage.  Now that's
soloing! :)

> > > The Who's London - An interactive feature offering the viewer a video
> > > tour of Who landmarks.
> >
> >Hit or miss.  Could be great.  Could be daft.
>
> Even if it is daft, this will be one of my favorite parts.

One of my favorite extras on Quad is the drive to Brighton.
A lot of fun especially after a few drinks. :)

Bruce