Re: TKAA DVD extras

> If you are a little disapponted by the extras, especially about the lack
> of rare live clips remember Pioneer doesn't have rights to anything not
> in the original film and would have to pay any and all royalties.

I'm not really disappointed.  Any new footage would've probably been tack-
ed onto Disc 2 & kept apart from the original movie.  They certainly
would've caught a lot of shit for trying to insert new footage into the
already existing movie.

Better to save any new footage for a future release rather than slapping
it on as a bonus to TKAA.  Let this release be a unified celebration of
the original movie (which it seems to be).

As far as the individual extra features go, here they are again with some
useless comments from me:

> Roger Daltrey - An incredible new on-camera interview from this living
> legend.

Looking forward to it.  Love Who interviews.  Love Daltrey.

> Interactive Interview & Commentary by Director Jeff Stein

Looking forward to it.  Should be interesting to hear what he has to say
after all these years.  I love DVD commentaries; always informative.

> Multi Camera Angles - An extremely rare feature that is almost 100 minutes
> and featuring as many as 6 angles including a Pete cam, a Roger cam, a
> Moonie cam and an Ox cam.

Looking forward to the OX cam, for sure! (totally?)  I can watch him for
hours!  I'm sure I'll watch the other "cams," but they could get old real
quick.  Still.....

> Making of the DVD - 40-minute feature offering an in-depth look at how the
> film was restored.

Dying to see it.  Love the technical stuff.  Loved the website.  Glad they
included this.

> Audio Comparison - This 8 minute feature provides a direct side-by-side
> comparison of the before and after audio.

Will this be a part of the above "Making of...." documentary?  I guess not.

> Video Comparison - This 6 minute feature provides a direct side-by-side
> comparison of the before and after so people can see what they've been
> missing all these 24 years!

See above.  One would think this would be covered in the "Making of...."
documentary.  Should be interesting, though.

> The Ox - A very special audio feature allowing the user to select an
> isolated audio track of legendary bassist John Entwistle.

More props for The OX.  Good.  As anyone who's ever listened to the left
channel only on LIVE AT LEEDS will tell you, hearing the OX by himself
might be more impressive than hearing him with the rest of the band!

> The Who's London - An interactive feature offering the viewer a video
> tour of Who landmarks.

Hit or miss.  Could be great.  Could be daft.

> Trivia Games - Questions to test your knowledge with a prize of a newly
> mixed 5.1 rendering of the album version of "Who Are You" playing a video
> light/slide show and a long lost recording of Ringo Starr.

Sounds daft.

> English Subtitles - Figuring out the lyrics the band is singing is one
> thing, but deciphering what they say while screaming over each other is a
> whole other puzzle.

Fine.  This should clear up some questions I have ("What'd Keith say
there?")

Can't wait!

- SCHRADE in Akron