Re: love ain't for keepin', scary stuff, sad stuff enough already!

I've forgotten nothing; you can have your "opinion" all you like, but I wasn't at the party and didn't do anything TO the party, and even if I was and/or I had done something to it...that STILL doesn't give him leave to bring his bad feelings to the list! OK? No "opinion" can change that. So my point remains intact. If I'd killed his pets, if I'd taken away his way to make a living, if I'd alienated his family, if I'd wrongfully had him put in prison for life...it would STILL not justify bringing his stupid, bullheaded hatred to this list.

I'll agree that Jeff was at fault for not dealing with it more privately, but then, there's no need to respond in kind.

>Regardless that you and Jeff had a major falling
out about it, it's time to let it go already.

So stop stating his "case" and tell him to let it go already. I let it go a long time ago. He came back out of the blue with no provocation insulting us. HE did that. I did not. Kevin did not. Scott did not. Clear? WE are NOT the guilty parties here. HE and ONLY he is. By trying so desperately to make it look otherwise you're eroding your own credibilty. And making me wonder why, because your points don't make any sense at all in light of the facts. Why are you pushing this so hard? Why is it so important to make it look like we've done something to Jeff anyway? As Zappa would say: "What's the deal?" Is this indeed some vast half-wit conspiracy?

I guess you mean the "scary" comment was an insult? This would actually be an interesting discussion and I'd like to have heard Jeff support it. I've just accused Fang of being scary I suppose, but then it's not because of his devotion to Pete. This is a curious phenomenon that too serious an attachment to Pete or to Roger or to The Who is considered "scary."

Frankly, I think it's something that's pulled on the women moreso than then men on the lists, as there have been comments about this woman or that woman being too attached to Roger or to Pete or whatever. The latest was comments about Trish last fall because she really wanted to make it to Who shows regardless of her illness. I personally found the comments somewhat offensive, as Trish should be able to do what she wants. You might say that she invited comment by publishing her feelings on a public list, but still I don't know that people should tell her how to enjoy her life. Or maybe they have a right, but then Trish would have a right to tell them where to stick it. Where was Miss Manners when we needed her?

Anyway, is it "scary" for listers to put their true feelings on the lists? Does this make them seem a psychological risk in some way? Was there some reason that Scott and Kevin shouldn't have said what they felt? We had noted that it was a sign they were closely involved with Pete, but I thought we were discussing it fairly rationally. Or, is it rude to inflict feelings on people who just want information?

No, he is the ONLY offender. He'd like you to make it appear to the list like we're equally to blame, because list opinion is important to him (I happen to know), but it's just not so! Not ONE of us said anything when he returned. ANY hostility, any hatred, and all of the destruction comes from him. What are you trying to suggest here, that we now can't even react when blatantly insulted? "Oh, walk softly around Jeff no matter what he says about you, because that's his style." Since when did being an asshole become a "style" anyway? Am I supposed to feel sorry for him because he insulted me then feels he can't post here as a result? And, too, somehow magically *I* am to blame for this. Is this suddenly the Bizzaro Who List??? Or, to be blunt, do you now work for the Bush administration? Only they deal in THIS much fantasy...they make Tolkien look like a non-fiction writer! And you're starting to as well!

I haven't changed my political philosophies. What do you think of Howard Dean? I've been thinking of sending him some money. :)

> You and Kevin great guys, and I hate to see this go on.

It WASN'T "going on," until he insulted us. We've tried being nice, friendly, apologetic, forgiving, and finally just ended up ignoring him. And none of it worked because he won't accept it. He can't even stand being ignored, it seems. So talk to him, not me. Not Kevin. Not Scott. Really, Lela, you just can't make it our fault by any method...because it's NOT! CLEARLY not.

Kevin IS a great guy. Scott too. I don't know either VERY well, but what I do know of them tells me they are decent, honorable guys. They don't deserve this from you, and frankly Jeff is just not worth it. You might want to reconsider your position. As I reminded Joe: not so long ago Jeff's best friends on this list were Kevin, Scott and I. See how he treats us now? You might well be next.

Well, these things do happen, I guess. So far, though, I've gotten along very well with Jeff. I'd rather not cut off a friendship on the possibility that it might turn sour later on. That seems sort of rash.

keets