Re: Glancing very briefly: Pure And Easy

> Watchman Nee and Witness Lee.

Jon:

Two intellectual giants everyone knows of.

>That's what I thought.  Wonder where the extra kid came from?  ;-)

Scott:

Your dad should have told you about this stuff a long time ago. (insert roman candle joke)

>what did he pull out of?

Joel:

If he'd pulled out, he wouldn't have so many kids.

>fooled by the numbers nor by the guys with weird accents, hair and
clothes on

Jon:

I prefer that guys have clothes on, personally. And the weird accent thing...do they ALL come from the same place or what? They change the word "God" into four syllables!

>To clarify what I remarked about intelligence not being of value to see
spiritual things, it is not by the "absence of the mind" that one
receives revelation, but by the use of the "spirit" first.

Some clarification is needed, because on the one hand you told me that the bible was so subtle that many have read it thousands of time and still didn't fathom it, yet it speaks to the lest of minds. Which is a contradiction, I feel compelled to point out.

> Great review, Mark.

Not a review! Just my personal take. My review would be: one of the best Who songs ever.

> "Pure & Easy" has always been one of those mid-level Who songs for me.

("choke")

> It has a slowness & sappiness about it, too.

It's called "majesty." Certainly an anthem.

>And Moon's no slouch on this one, either.

I love what Moon does on P&E. Pure unmitigated Moon, that.

> That's the wonder of Pete's writing.  You see yourself when you see The
Who.

Pete always said he was a mirror for his audience.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.