A message to Jeff

Hi Jeffrey,
long time no talk to.
Welcome back (like we ever thought you weren't lurking.  Please.).

Long gone are the years of constant off line E-mail exchanges to keep the day hopping.  The trio of Mark, Jeff and Kevin is no more.
What a long, strange trip you've taken me (and others) on.  It was, after all, your trip.  You initiated the trip, nurtured it, continued to pursue it despite initial resistance, and kept it going.  And hell, it was fun there for a bit.
But I digress.....

While you may want to paint your attack on Scott, Mark and myself (and why Scott?  Guilty by association?  Nice that.) as an honest post with a point, there are several things you have written that prove otherwise and show clearly your intent, and your mental state.
Now, I could go line by line and pick it apart, but I won't.  I want to focus on one particularly nasty little piece that you threw in there.

I'm referring to the line of "Pete's not your Daddy".

While most listers probably just thought that was an every-day sort of a slap, I know differently.
You see, as you know, this was directed straight at me, and for reason.
I had confided in you off list, in E-mail, sometime over the last 3 years, that while being raised by an abusive father who couldn't stand on two feet while he lectured about morality, I turned to Pete's words for guidance, caring, encouragement, confirmation, and ultimately ...confidence.  All the things most people would look to their "Daddy" for.
While a teen, I looked to Pete, as one of the only persons that I knew of that understood.  You could say Pete was a surrogate father to me.  No, let me say that, since I've said that to you and Mark, and still believe it.
Of course, as I've grown older, my relationship with Pete, through his writing, has developed more into an older brother type of thing.
I'm secure enough to say this.
I don't think it's weird.
And, I think most people, particularly those who have a deep connection with Quad, once they really think about it, are probably not that far from that sort of relationship themselves, if they're honest with their feelings.
But, again, I digress again, because that's still not really the point.

The point is, that you took this private information and used it as a weapon, in public.
That, in my book, makes you a very disturbing person who has anger issues *so* *deep* as to be driven to childishly and conscientiously hurt another person for some moment of evil and pathetic satisfaction.  I hope it was good.  Have the effects worn off yet?  It can be like a drug.
What's worse is, I know you've been E-mailing listers off line and telling them lies about how I've discussed parts of your life with Mark.
How do I know?  They told me.
Pretty sad.  And, quite mentally ill.  Not to mention completely hypocritical, and plain wrong.

What you don't know or believe, is I've stood by my ethics and haven't revealed anything about you, in private or otherwise.  Well, let me correct that.  Once I found out you were sharing said private information with people you barely knew, I figured it was fair game.  But, come to find out that you yourself had already shared it!
Amazing.
Amazing, amazing, amazing.
Twisted, sad, and ....... amazing.

So, now that we're on the same page Jeffrey, let me tell you something.
This game you're playing is being played by your rules.
You've set the rules.
When you took an off list and personal disagreement with Mark, and shhhhmeared it all over igtc for all to witness and be subjected to, you set the rules.
You're obviously (based on the above) continuing to play by those rules.
Hey, you could have just participated on the list, but instead chose to shoot arrows in a very troll-like hit-and-run way.

Hear me here....
If you continue to live by the sword, you most assuredly will die by it.
I promise you, no threat but a *promise*, that if you continue this game, I...will...take....every...bit of private information you have ever shared with me over the years and post if for all the world to see and be placed with an easy to find subject line in the archives for "forever and always" (legal Web disclaimer lingo, but it's true).
You think you've "shared too much" on list?
What you yourself have shared on list will be a trickle of piss compared to the water fall of private information I'll post here and on every fucking list I can find.  It will become my pet project.
Let's call it my personal WMD.

And that's *my* warning.
Hear it and believe it, my friend.
I'm easy going, but can fight with the best of 'em, and can get real mean.

Fuck off, and things will be ok.
Keep it up, and you only have yourself to blame.

When your friends start running from you, it's time to look in the mirror and wonder why.

Kevin