[no subject]

Even though Jewel only recently finished touring
behind 2001's This Way, the singer has begun recording
the follow-up, which she expects will be out in June.
"I feel like records usually take too long," she says.
"I wanted to do this right away."

Jewel's sense of urgency comes from her interest in
tackling timely subjects. Among the names checked in
the new batch of songs: Pete Townshend, Roman
Polanski, Jennifer Lopez and Charlie Sheen. "There's a
lot of pop references," Jewel says. "Social commentary
has always been a big part of my writing. And I know
what I want to say to the world by summer. Beyond that
I really can't say where politics is going to be, or
culture."

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!