St. Pete and the Porn Dragon

keets wrote:
>>I'm gaining more and more respect for the guy who
turned in the Texas site (Candyland? Candyman?). He
had to have gone inside to know what was there, and
I'll bet he came close to going to jail for it.<<

I read somewhere yesterday that it was a postal
inspector in St Paul MN who broke the investigation
re. the Reedy's notorious site in TX, Landslide
Productions.

>>It appears that only the entertainment news picked
it up in the US<<

FWIW, my wife reports that driving home last night
that a DJ at Washington DC's biggest classic rock
station, WARW 94.7 "the arrow" introduced "Goin
Mobile" with a statement along the lines of "good
news, Pete Townshend may have proof in the form of
emails that supports his innocence. I really hope so
because he is one my all-time guitar Gods."  Hopefully
a few thousands of drivers heard that!

>>They may just keep postponing Pete's questioning to
keep their investigation open until the issue fades
from the papers and is forgotten (they hope).<<

Given yesterday's salvo from Pete's camp and our
commitment, I'm confident there will be a positive
resolution.  But you make an interesting point about
the police's interest in letting it fade - they won't
be too keen about having to admit they allowed a leak
that slandered a great man's reputation.

And there is some speculation in the UK that the Blair
administration has put kabosh on further reporting of
the "other" names on the Operation Ore list because it
implicates highly placed individuals in his government
who he'd rather be kept working to ensure there is a
war in Iraq next month(!).  Meanwhile they expect Pete
to just twist in the wind.

>>I'm not sure what kind of position Pete is in to
talk about things right now, but when he's free to
talk, I think he should start off with a major
campaign against child porn<<

I agree, maybe we can convince Peter Jennings to put
him on the air with Michael S. Malone and someone from
a reputable organization fighting this.  Maybe a huge
press conference, with Pete flanked by Roger, Bono,
Brian May, Jerry Hall, Elton John, etc. announcing
that the battle has been joined.

Ken in MD
http://mailplus.yahoo.com