Re: Re. gun-shy but willing to wield a torch

Is is me, or does it sound like Pete was keenly aware of the fine line,
and how to avoid legally tripping over it?

I'd be very interested in knowing the contents of those E-mails to the IWF.
I would say that his lawyer gave him very good advice about what to do and what not to do. As long as there was no liklihood that the card number would be found, then the advice was "Dear, Pete. Shut up." As a celebrity, Pete is likely too big a fish to preserve the anonymity that the US guy has managed to achieve--plus, the climate for this sort of thing is very different in the UK.

After the investigation was underway, then I'm sure they were thinking ahead to what might happen. Still, regardless of whether Pete has attempted to cover his tracks, I believe what he says about his reasons for being on the site, and what his reactions were. For one thing, he knew what he had done was illegal, and he apparently consulted with his lawyer right away. That's not something a pedophile would do.

keets