Re: gun-shy but willing to wield a torch

> If someone can write a convincing statement, in less than 50 or 100
> words, as you would to a news editor, as to how this clears Pete, then
> go for it.  I'd love to read it.

I completely understand what you're saying.  And you're, probably right:
We should "take a deep breath" & wait to see what unfolds next.  Err on
the side of caution.

It's just that, now, some of us can sense the fight in Pete.  It's there.
He's not silent.  He has a plan.  He's going to fight this.

Hell, I didn't know what to expect.  After the arrest & computer confisca-
tion all we had to cling to was ADB.  Now, we're seeing that things are
going on.  Lawyers are talking.  Email evidence is being uncovered.  State-
ments are being retracted.  The tide seems to be turning.

Now, sure, the cops could still find a bunch of shit on Pete's computer, in
which case we're all fucked.  But so far, there's been no report that they
have.

So what are we left with?

We're left with Pete admitting he paid to go onto *one* site but didn't
download anything.

The IWF now admitting he *did* contact them, more than once, after they or-
iginally said he didn't.

Pete willingly turning his computers over to the cops for inspection.

Pete claiming he isn't a pedophile.

No report of any other evidence being found: pictures, videos, or magazines.

No accusations from any *people* or *children* saying Pete physically did
something inappropriate to them.

Pete having a history of exploring the subject of child abuse in his art
& in his personal life.

Pete still not charged with anything.

Pete & his lawyers going on the offensive to try to clear his name.

Pete not escaping to Cuba or Cambodia in shame.

I'm not saying this house of cards couldn't come tumbling down in embarrass-
ing fashion; I've lived too long to know that that's possible.  But as of
right now, the evidence seems to be swinging in his favor.

So, I'm gonna start sharpening my pitch fork.  Getting it ready so I can
join Jon, who's already in the town square butchering the non-believers.

- SCHRADE in Akron