Re: before we march w/ pitchforks and flaming torches...

In a message dated 1/30/03 2:33:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ken.hawkins@nara.gov writes:

> The reason I put in the comment about Pete not asking "us" to spread the
> word
> about this is because this summer I went on a little mini-crusade to get
> Hershey released.  I investigated and got the contact info for the top
> legal
> staff at HersheyPark Stadium and sent them a plea (as a fan) to that
> effect.
> When Matt Kent got wind of it he ripped me a new a$$#ole for "presuming" to
> speak for the Who.  Even when I made it clear to him that I was speaking
> only
> as a fan.

I see why you may feel a bit gun-shy after that little episode.  I am
thankful however that we did get Hershey!

This is a little different though.  We are not getting involved in business
matters.  We are testifying for a man's life.  There is an injustice being
done that we want to see cleared up.  There is a new weapon for us to use,
which is evidence that Pete was indeed telling the truth in this matter.  I
have yet to see evidence of the accusations cast at him.

Jon in Mi.