Re: before we march w/ pitchforks and flaming torches...

Kevin, et al
Sorry if I sounded preachy or like "you should or shouldn't" do this or that.
I'm just trying to look at this with a little critical distance.  I'm not
speaking for this or any other list.  Do whatever you want.

All I'm saying is that viewed objectively Pete's having sent emails to IWF
(and they have not made one public statement about it) proves nothing in
regard to the official police suspicions (downloading, producing, sharing
&c.).   To an outsider it is circumstantial evidence at best and to date IWF
has not confirmed or retracted anything.

It is not compelling proof that can exonerate and I'm dubious that anything
less is going to make a dent.

Most of us know a lot about this case and the background and the timeline and
most are favorably disposed towards Pete.  For that reason alone I'm hesitant
to see a media blitz based on slim "he said" evidence that has no direct
bearing on whether he "did or didn't."   To us this appears to be a positive
development,  But in the case of someone like Stern or Leno this will merely
be an irritant and give them an excuse to slander Pete again.

The reason I put in the comment about Pete not asking "us" to spread the word
about this is because this summer I went on a little mini-crusade to get
Hershey released.  I investigated and got the contact info for the top legal
staff at HersheyPark Stadium and sent them a plea (as a fan) to that effect.
When Matt Kent got wind of it he ripped me a new a$$#ole for "presuming" to
speak for the Who.  Even when I made it clear to him that I was speaking only
as a fan.

>>Don't sell them short.
>>They're not *all* slime tabloids.
Of course not.  But they don't have to be tabloids to be driven by profits
using a "name and shame" mentality.  Virtually the only fair piece that's been
published is the ABC.COM one by Michael S. Malone, and I've already written
him to say thanks.

Ken in MD