from the Internet Movie Database

nothing particularly new, just a note in IMDB's news
today -

Townshend: Email Will Clear Me

The Who star Pete Townshend claims to have email proof
that he contacted internet watchdogs to complain about
pedophile websites. The Internet Watch Foundation
(IWF) initially denied they had been in contact with
the under-fire "Pinball Wizard" guitarist, who has
been questioned by police over child porn allegations.
But the IWF have now admitted to Townshend's lawyers
that he did email them three times last year.
Townshend says he even got a reply. Pete, 57, says,
"You may recall that a couple of weeks ago,
representatives of the Internet Watch Foundation told
the press and news stations they had never heard from
me. I, of course, know I did communicate with them
several times last year and they have now supplied to
us copies of my emails to them - one in August, the
rest November. My lawyers have written to the IWF
founder Mark Stephens, who was adamant they had never
heard from me, asking for an explanation." Police
raided Townshend's home in Chiswick, South West
London, and took computers this month. But it is
believed officers have found no evidence he looked at
child pornography, other than on the occasions he
admitted viewing sites to allegedly research a book
and campaign against porn. A source close to Townshend
says, "We think this shows Pete's name will be
cleared. He insists he's told the truth all along and
his intentions were good, if not a little naive. This
proves that."
http://mailplus.yahoo.com