Just had a talk with my local DJ

There is a Mopar Hemi-engine display at the Chrysler museum at the
Daimler-Chrysler world head-quarters near my house, and the local classic
rock station was set up there today to promote this event.

Steve Kostan, a very rock-story knowledgeable and interesting DJ was there
with WCSX.  He is also a Who-fan.

I took the opportunity to go and talk to him in person to see what the real
take on Pete was at the station.  I walked up (with my WHO hat on) and said:

J.  Hey, I sent a couple of emails to you about Pete Townshend, did you get
them?

S.  What is your name?

J.  Jon Knoppe

S. Pleased to meet you.

J.  Anyhow, have you read ADB?

S.  No, I haven't had a chance to yet (some who fan)

J.  Pete is getting shafted by the media for using his card but I believe he
is telling the truth.  If you get a chance, read that and it may help to
clarify what he is really doing. I have been following closely for years and
this came out over a year ago. He also has addressed this subject in his
music, as you know...

S.  Yeah.  Well, I think it will all just blow over, you know, I said on the
air that in this country we are innocent until proven guilty.

J.  Yeah, but what bothers me is all of the people that do not really know
him will be left with the impression that he is a pervert even though he is
not.

S. Yeah, you're right about that.

J.  He is a much larger thinker than many realize and it could be that he
even did this on purpose to get his point publicized.  Who knows.

S.  Well one thing's for sure, he's no R. Kelly.  That one is obvious.

J.  Dig.

S.  Hey, thanks for telling me that.

J.  Points finger at S. and gives that Jon Stewart stare on the way out.

So it appears that many have not read ADB, but the ones that have (except for
the ones that presume guilt beforehand and use it as a tool to condemn him
with) usually change their opinion about Pete's story not being true.  This
has been my experience with nearly everyone I have talked with.  Even with my
stepmom that hated rock music and told me she "knew all about that Led
Zeppelin guy!"

Jon in Mi.