Re: quality of encore CDs

In a message dated 1/24/2003 11:58:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > Can anyone tell me which encore CD would be the best to buy in terms
> > of sound quality since they all have the same songs
> listed???

I have Mtn View (July 3) and Irvine (Sept 17?), and Mtn View is FAR superior in sound.  The vocals are clear as day and prominent, even much of Simon's backing vocals.  The bass could have been more to the forefront, but remember this was only the second show with Pino so he was likely still getting his bearings.  Irvine's vocals were almost completely muted.  I would stay away from it.  It's almost like listening to someone play guitar while listening to a CD in the background.  For me, for a live CD to sound good, the vocals have to be fairly clear and loud.

mc