[no subject]

The Who take another hit

When I was a kid, Zeppelin ruled and The Who were just
posers. We argued with stoners at parties about which
band was better. Truth is, they were both great bands,
but I was always partial to the Led.

Even tho me & Sabutai paid $80 for The Who's Final
Concert broadcast in 1980, I eventually forgave them
and I became a Who fan.

So, ..all these years later, we see these commercials
on TV. You see a classic 1959 Caddy convertible on a
lonely road heading towards Monument Valley.

Perhaps, due to some kind of drug flashback (which
might strike a chord with the Zep crowd), the 1959
Caddy Titanic turns into the Cadillac 2003 Super
Luxury whatever. The music is Zeppelin's "Rock and
Roll," with each ad approved by Plant and Page.

Sidebar: Cadillac!   America's luxury automobile.
ha ha
Maybe they'll buy some ads on bartcop radio?

...getting new life from an undefeated Best Band in
the World Led Zeppelin.

Bam!
Pow!
Fast cars, you can afford it!
...rock n roll, change is good
...life is short, so LIVE IT - what a message!

...and then there's the poor Who.

For sad reasons I can only guess at, The Who didn't
fare as well. Like I said, I like The Who - they are
rock royalty.  ...stop laughing.

That's why it's so sad, now that we're hearing that
Claratin commercial 24/7 on radio and TV.

I don't know the name of it, (I'm a recent Who fan)
but it's that greatest of Tommy songs, the one that
hits the big climax in that opera thingy. "Right
behind you, I see the millions."

...in a what-can-I-do-to-unstuff-my-nose commercial?

How sad!
Possibly the greatest song ever written by The Who,
and it stands for a drug that might clear up your
sinus cloggage?

Poor bastards.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta