Re: the Man WHO Wrote the SOUNDTRACK of OUR LIVES

We shouldn`t judge or sentence Pete. Yes he`s lost the way he was dear to so many people.
Maybe not. I'll accept that Pete had real reasons for wanting to know what was on that website, and I haven't really changed my opinion of him because of it. And I won't, unless it's absolutely proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a child molester. Somehow I just can't see that happening.

But be careful, Pete! From now on, I would guess the authorities will be watching for some other mistake! They tend to harass people they suspect.

ARTIST may be gone or imprisoned or forgotten better still, but if his art is true art which the art of Pete Townshend and of the Who undoubtfully is, the ART goes on forever, renewed by new perception and understanding. Someone on this list (I think it was Joe Levinsky) once asked me how could Pete be separated from his art. Simple as that.
I don't think you can do it. When you see the art, it's separate from the man, but when you look at the man, there's no way to separate him from his art.

millions of people all over the world, who of you would want to be said
about by thousands of people: "Joe Lewinsky (Scott Schrade, Keets, Jim
Sigel, Helen, Johanna, mc...) is in me, a part of my life, a true part of me?"
Everybody I meet becomes a part of me, because they influence me in some way. Also, we tend to be influenced more by someone we admire. We study what they do, and try to emulate what we like. This shouldn't be a huge burden to Pete. I don't think anyone here is going to try heroin just because Pete did. But they are likely to have a second look at his understanding of God and the Universe. It's an interesting philosophy.

No matter what Pete Townshend has ever done or will do, this doesn`t
make you either a better or a worse human being, for it doesn`t really
matter if Pete gets higher or falls on his face in the mud, you don`t follow him in either direction *allthough you think you must*.You`re free, you`re free, you`re your own not Pete`s, he never asked you. He never said he wanted to be the foundation of your life, it`s main theme, it`s only purpose, the only one who could light yer way...
Well... okay I`m stoppin`, but for that one moment, *stand inside his
shoes*, and you`ll understand how he must be feeling. Don`t be hard on him, let him just be Pete Townshend, and if you love him, just love him the way he is.
That's a good thought.

keets