Re: Leno boycott

In a message dated 1/20/03 2:46:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
neilweissman@yahoo.com writes:

> I read Jay's jokes.  There is no humor in child porn.  Leno made joke(s)
> about Pete Townshend situtation not about child humor.  It may have been
> in bad taste, but is no more distasteful than recurrent Micheal Jackson,
> Bill Clinton, or Jennifer Lopez jokes.

According to what Gary Graff (rock and roll "insider") said on WCSX, (the
local classic rock station in Detroit), what Michael Jackson did was settle
out of court in a case with a real human being.  He pointed out that these
cases are in no way the same.  As he put it, Michael Jackson did do things
and continues to do them.  Pete is only suspected of looking at images on a
computer, and according to Pete, it was not because he is a pedophile
pervert.  He did call Pete an "odd duck" that has the habit of running his
mouth and says things that tend to get him into trouble.  He said also that
he feels that if Pete is not charged with an actual crime, this probably will
not hurt him much at all in the long run.  He is too well respected and his
stature is too great.

My point with Leno is not to just "boycott" him, but to call him to the
carpet personally for what he did to another respectable human being with a
noble cause. Maybe he is sore because The Who wouldn't appear on his show or
something?  Who knows.

To make distasteful jokes is one thing.  To infer and even "say" that someone
is a child molester in front of a national audience full of impressionable
minds is a grotesque use of the stage. Insert your name where he used Pete's
if you don't agree.

Everyone knew what Clinton was doing from way back.  The similarities are
Galaxies apart. Ok, well, solar systems at least.

Jon in Mi.