interesting post from alt.music.who

Alt.music.who is often a sewer, but these guys have been into some great dicussion the last few days. Here's an interesting comment for the defense. I was sort of thinking that if they couldn't find any images on his computer, then Pete's confession wouldn't be sufficient evidence. Would this be the same under UK law?

In addition, as I said before, the legality *or illegality* of
material that he may have viewed cannot be established by the
defendant, but must be viewed by a court so that it can decide on the
issue of (a) is the person depicted under the age of 16 and (b) is the
image indecent. The legal status of an *unknown* image cannot be
determined BRD even if we are pretty certain that it probably was
illegal.