Re: More *pessimistic!* Responses, More *Gloomy!* Thoughts

> You should reconsider, and get your ass out of your funk.

Don't you mean "get your funk out of your ass?"  (sorry)

> Who are these majority people?

The ones I'll meet tonight when I go out for drinks.

> Even a poll just posted on O&S shows that 45% of those polled feel
> the press is treating Pete unfairly.

Yeah, I got a poll for ya', buddy.

> Hell, I really don't have a problem with the way the press is treat-
> ing Pete.  It seems pretty even handed.

Yes, I agree.  But what will the *majority* of people remember?  The
initial headline ("Townshend Arrested!") or the "even handed" articles
that came later?

> It's the police *I'm* pissed at.

Why?  Pete's not pissed at them.  Read below what he said in the Sun
interview:

"Referring to Operation Ore, the huge police probe into the sub-
scribers, (Pete) said: 'I agree with what the police are doing.'"

> Dude!  We just saw 3-4 articles in a row written by the press, reach-
> ing 100's of thousands of people, speaking kindly of Pete, and hold-
> ing judgment.

You think the people you personally talk to will have read those art-
icles?  Don't you understand?  The damage is done.  Pete's fucked.

We can argue & explain until we're blue in the face.  Articles can be
written every day saying Pete's getting a raw deal.  But it's too late.
Most will have already made up their minds: Pete is sexually attracted
to children.  He's fucked.

> What are you looking for, The Queen to knight him now?

I'm not, no.  Maybe others are who seem to see Pete as some sort of
sacrificial hero.

> What Rich was saying is that most of the masses don't think or even
> contemplate stuff.

The majority of them don't.

> If it's written, or stated, or shown on TV, they...will...listen.

No they won't.  People still think he's gay, for Christ's sake!

> People are *not* that bad.

Yes, they are.  Most are idiots.

> You and Rich should get a room.

Yes, we'll call it 'The Reality Room.'  You're all welcome to drop by
in a few months when we're proven right.

> Bull..fucking...great balls of Shit.

Goodness gracious!

> Is the Mid-west really *that* bad?

Midwest?  He's in Utah & I'm in Ohio!

> Why do you just want to ignore that?

I'm not ignoring the positive articles, I just don't think they're
gonna influence the *majority* who've made up their minds.

> Talk about head in sand.

I know, I know....why can't I escape this pessimism?  I want to, but I
can't.  "There ain't no way out."

> You're afraid, so it's easier to just give up than to fight.

I'm fighting!  I'll fight tonight!  I really will.  I couldn't live
with myself if I didn't.  It won't do a bit of good, but I'm sure as
hell gonna fight.

> You don't believe that headlines of.."PETE EXONERATED !" will get
> people's attention?

Exonerated from what?  He committed a crime.  He paid to go on a child
porn site.  He'll be punished to some degree.  That's what they'll
read: "Townshend Fined For Viewing Child Porn," or "Townshend Admits
In Court To Viewing Child Porn," or "No Jail Time For Townshend In Child
Porn Case."

In each case, the masses will only see "Townshend...Child Porn," "Town-
shend...Child Porn."

> You don't believe then that people will change their minds in the
> face of that statement?

Nope.

> Damn, I may even pray for you.   ;-)

Don't worry about me.  Save yourself.

> Try and stay away from the Jaeger tonight.

Good advice for any night out!  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron