Pete oppressed by conservatives, you're damned skippy!

><sigh>As I've repeatedly said here, Mark, that was from a friend's
email.

Leslie:

Yes, and as I said "if Leslie is one" because of that. I think that was obviously giving you the benefit of the doubt. You don't come across as a conservative.

>Yeesh! Do you stereotype much?

Generalize, yes, stereotype, no.

>. Do you believe that all liberals think alike, too?

No, I was generalizing. As one must when speaking (writing) about a large group of people.

>Like many conservatives, I believe that sexual orientation is neither
good nor bad, it just exists

Watch out, that's a "liberal" point of view! And for the record, you're the ONLY conservative I've ever heard in 35 years who has said that.

>gay-haters) on the left and that there are some profoundly stupid
liberals incapable of complex thought?

Sure, of course. Not many, though...generally what is called "liberal" thinking by the right is an intellectual process, and conservatives don't go through a thought process...just react, like "THAT'S WRONG!" without stopping to think. Like it or not, a person is judged by its loudest advocates...so Trent Lott is a poster boy for conservatives. And according to the latest legal brief filed by the Bush administration, that's a damned accurate call, too.

> I have to say that your
attack on conservatives is one of the most heavy-handed I've seen in a
long time -- and is just about everything you accuse us of being.

I agree it's heavy handed...I'm tired of the heavy-handedness of conservatives, and will give as good as I get, and not happy at the conservatives who are labeling Pete Townshend a pedophile because he looked at some pictures on the Internet. And YES, they ARE conservatives because they have refused to see past a single bare fact (no pun intended). Am I everything I accused conservatives of being? No, of course not. My position is a thought-out position arrived at over the course of years. Not a knee-jerk response, like the one you might expect from the not-president who has taken a position against black Americans getting an equal opportunity.

   NO BLOOD FOR OIL!

         Cheers              ML