Re: Guilty when innocent (to some)

In a message dated 1/17/03 9:15:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> The fact is the conservatives shut down the 60's countercultural movement
> without allowing it to come to completion, and now blame it (as they blame
> Clinton) for every little social ill.

It is also a fact that Pete said himself that he takes full responsibility
for his generation complaining about how bad the world was and did nothing to
change it.  He is honest, not political.  That is why his words have weight
to me.  It is not a "Liberals are right and Conservatives are wrong" or vice
versa thing we are talking about here.  This is a human being issue.

The words to "I don't even know myself" are my favorite words in any rock
song ever.  With this attitude comes salvation. To admit the things that Pete
admits means that there is a very high possibility that he just might get an
answer. On the otherhand, to be so bold as to claim rightness all the time
means that you are just right.  A -been there done that.  An old man.

Jon in Mi.