Guilty when innocent (to some)

>He
>is a reckless guy and self indulgent in many things, but not uncommon
>for silly, foppish 60's liberals.

Lost me again. And, careful Leslie, your letting your politics show again.

Kevin:

It should be kept in mind that conservatives (if indeed Leslie is one) consider homosexuality a morally corrupt position, as if someone "chose" to be one. Someone they'd call a "liberal" knows it's a natural, and not particularly desirable except perhaps by a lunatic, part of the person's makeup. To them accepting this truth makes you a liberal (therefore a bad person) and with a perspective like that, any behavior not along strict lines would be considered "silly, irresponsible, liberal." It's an extremely flawed perspective and untrue on every level, but they will shout it from the rooftops because it keeps them from thinking about how narrow and backward their own perspective is. And, too, their ability to understand complex concepts is weak or non-existent. The world to them is black and white ("You're either with us or against us.") So to someone like that Pete is a criminal whether he is or not...why even bother to seek the truth? It's sort of like putting people in jail without giving them a trial...like we do now in the US.

The fact is the conservatives shut down the 60's countercultural movement without allowing it to come to completion, and now blame it (as they blame Clinton) for every little social ill. No, it's THEIR fault for stopping it partway in. They don't really know if the vision shared by Pete would have been better or worse than what we have now...a terrible economy, war and clear (ever widening) class warfare. I'd say it would have been better (almost anything would be), but now we'll never know.

Pete Townshend is an intellectual. He can handle looking at child porn without being "corrupted." The concept of being Big Brother and deciding what's best for everyone else is repugnant on its face (isn't that what Lifehouse was all about?).

Conservatives can't trust themselves, I'm guessing, yet they are arrogant and not very understanding or forgiving. The bad thing about child porn is not its effect on society or the individals who view it, but the abuse of the children involved. The damage done to them. As usual the authorities are going about it wrongway around.

>At the moment it sure as fuck is. Sorry Mark, but I can't believe that this one will wash away.

For two days now, no significant coverage. It's over, Johnny. I no longer get Stern, but apart from that the only thing I see keeping it alive is the fans. Get me?

>I just put in Live At Leeds Deluxe (Tommy CD) in my Linux laptop
for kicks and giggles to see if it played CDs since my upgrade.

Joe:

I used to use that album (ALBUM) to help me get through my breakup with the first girl I loved. It's the energy, the overwhelming sheer power of it, which will wash away the bad feelings (as it did for you).

              NO BLOOD FOR OIL!

                      Cheers                ML