Re: Various Responses & Thoughts

In a message dated 1/16/03 2:40:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> I don't profess to know his motives.  Only he knows.  But I sure as
> hell don't think he did it just to draw attention to the fact that
> Internet child porn exists &should be eradicated.
>
> He could easily do that *without* getting arrested.  Which is what he
> *was* doing.  Now he's living in seclusion, protected by bodyguards.
> How does that help him get the word out?  How does that help his cause?

Scott I know that you are tired and upset.  I am very tired as well. I feel
as though I have just been in a brawl. Don't you all?

It is true that none of us really know his motives, nor do we know the
details.  We care about the guy so much and it is very frustrating.  Who fans
tend to be complicated persons.

My mind has gone many places today.  I have argued in my head many different
angles and considered many things from him actually doing a cover up, to him
actually pulling a Ray high.  Vengeance for lack of PD sales?  ha.

The one question I have is the one that we all have.  Why did he use that
damn credit card? Did he do it on purpose?  Did he just get weak?  Did he
think it wouldn't matter? I doubt this third reason.

Why did we send the U2 over the USSR?  That was illegal too, right?  Weren't
we embarrassed by that one? A non- Who fan gave me that analogy, perhaps "to
get me to be quiet." :-)

Jon in Mi.