Various Responses & Thoughts

>From: The Real Me
>Subject: Re: Various Responses & Thoughts
>
>Oh, I do! I know *lots* of people like that -- book-smart, but very
>sheltered or naive or plain unrealistic

Yep, like my sister.
But, Pete's nothing like that.
He's been around the block a half dozen times or so, let alone spent
enough time on the street to get street-smart.

>It was dumb, IMO, to (pardon the truly bad pun) expose himself like
>that.

Orrrr, was it *smart*!
I'm not really serious.  I too think it was dumb....well....a mistake in
hindsight.

>Hey, I said it was from a friend. I thought it wouldn't be fair to
>take quotes out of context.

Oh, I know.  But, at the same time I couldn't just let a slam on 60's
liberals go unanswered.  ;-)

>>No he shouldn't.  He was thinking how on earth can I save the world from
>>this crap on my grid??!!!  Not, "I wonder how much that whore costs
and >>what will the press say if I'm caught getting a blow."
>>Sheesh.
>
>Well, I didn't agree with that part of what he wrote.

There was a point there, but your friend used bad examples.

>>There's already some strategy thinking going on on O&S for the fans to
>>ensure that exoneration *isn't* just a little blip.
>
>I'm not on O&S, but I'd definitely like to be in on that campaign!

I'm mostly a lurker on O&S, barely having enough time to play *here*.

My initial thoughts (always subject to revision) are that this should be
smeared as an attack on artists and art in general.
How society has *always* persecuted those that think deeply and act
heroically.  Kind of makes us feel better to eliminate heroes.

Also, there needs to be an organization of charities that The Who has
worked for, friends, fellow artists, etc. to come out and raise the volume
of exoneration.

Just some initial thoughts.
I'm sure Keets is burning the midnight oil with her own.

>But the big question is HOW??? That is what has been frustrating the
>crap out of me this week.

Nothing can be done until we know what the cops next move is.
There's already a wave of anti-which hunt, and anti-press, and anti-cops,
etc.
If the cops decide not to charge, there will have to be *some* sort of
statement.  If(cross fingers)/When that happens, the statement will be
pounced on and that wave....with help....will turn into a tsunami.

Kevin in VT