Re: Various Responses & Thoughts

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:32:18 -0500, "O'Neal, Kevin W."
<Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org> wrote:

>>STOP!!  Pete DID NOT initiate this mess on purpose!
>
>Well then, give me just one fucking logical reason why he would provide
>credit card information to an obviously illegal site.  Do you think he was
>sitting there thinking..."Ahhh, there's no way anyone can trace this?"
>Give me something to hang on to!
>What was going through his mind?
>The notion that he very well knew what the ramifications *could* be but
>decided it was worth it is not so far fetched.

Without knowing the man personally or having any special insight other
than a fan of 20+ years, I think that a friend of mine summed it up in
an email to me:

 <<I have long thought that PT is one of those bright intellects who
lacks basic, sound commonsense.It was beyond dumb to go to a kiddie
porn site, but in his naivety, he thinks his goodwill, and his belief
in his good intentions, is more than enough to calm worried people.He
is a reckless guy and self indulgent in many things, but not uncommon
for silly, foppish 60's liberals.PT rightly should be laughed at if he
is innocent and ridiculed, like a George Michael or Hugh Grant.What
was he thinking? >>

I think that most of us "know" him well enough to take his word on
this, but the rest of the world does not.

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org