a few more thoughts

Hello again.  I sent a copy of my previous post to a few of my friends, as well as my father.  For me, these people in particular have a good understanding of why I gravitated to Pete and The Who.  This is how I prefaced my email to them:
"Hi guys.  I'm sure that you have heard about the events surrounding Pete Townshend this week.  You may or may not be curious as to my thoughts.  Granted I am a fan, but I have tried to separate myself from any bias as I search for answers in a mature and serious manner.   Ultimately, the real problem is bigger than any one celebrity or anonymous person.  Like many, I question the role the media has played, and I am most concerned with the real truth.   In the end, that is what matters.  Along with probably thousands of fans, I have waded through dozens of articles that range from support to humiliation to absolute damnation.   And the man hasn't even been convicted of anything yet.  There are those who can't resist the opportunity to pounce, even though the truth has yet to come to light.   In many ways, I feel that is the real shame.  Then again, people love to watch the downfall of another, so long as it doesn't directly affect them.   Many people have made intelligent and literate posts to the band's internet mailing list.  It is certainly a complicated situation, and I feel the wisest, including those in the media, are those who caught their breath first, and are now carefully considering everything that has happened.   At the very least, these events have re-illuminated a subject that is in desperate need of more attention."
As this drags on, one of my fears for Pete is that a lot of the good he has done will be overshadowed or nullified.
Mike