Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #16

I almost never post to the list, mostly because I am so jealous of you guys
who seem to have every bootleg video and go to multiple shows on the tours,
but I must say that this list has been a great source of comfort during
Pete's ordeal, and I applaud all of your efforts to spread awareness of "A
Different Bomb". It is a real shame that so many, including Howard
"Everyone's an A-Hole But Me" Stern, choose to read into it what is not
there, instead of seeing it for the serious and concerned warning that it is.

I felt the need to make two points. First, I have a friend at work who
entered the innocent words "children's golf clothing" in an internet search
engine and was confronted by images of child pornography. I didn't ask
details, but suffice it to say that I believe that Pete certainly could have
seen the graphic images he reports by entering an apparently harmless search
on the web. Second, with regards to his credit card entry, I would be willing
to bet that nothing was ever charged to the card, although time will tell. I
recently received a free preview of Cyber Playboy, which required me to enter
my card details. Usually I would never do such a thing, but Playboy is a
reputable, world-known company, so I felt safe in doing so. However, the card
details were there in case I did not cancel before the free preview was over,
so that they could bill me immediately. When I cancelled before the free
preview was over, nothing was ever charged to my card. I would assume this to
be the case with Pete's research as well.

Again, I applaud all of your efforts. Godspeed to Pete!

-Chris in Cleveland