Re: Clarification & other Pete stuff

>I hope this is not true for Pete, but it does not look good.

Neil:

All of those you mentioned had histories, even if WE didn't know of them. Yes to George Michael, if you'd seen the "Wake me up before I go-go" video." I mean, who even WRITES a song like that??? For me, it doesn't look BAD for Pete. I think it's another blip on the radar screen, no more. It doesn't resonate; there's sick stomach-twisting feeling deep inside me that fears it might be true. And even the hordes who have descended on my store to "tell me about it" have to admit they really DON'T believe he's a pedophile. As Spock would say: it does not compute.

>Why do I suddenly feel like a Michael Jackson fan?

Scott:

Maybe it's that glove you wear. Or that little laugh. Or your pet monkey, you know...Bubbles 2.

>Then what do I say to 20 years of high school students? My kids?

Steve:

Just tell them the truth. You know, if we all run around like chickens with our collective heads cut off, like it's a big crisis and it could be true and we're covering his and our asses, it will appear to be true!

>Yeah, well, I got busted for growing pot once and was ultimately
charged with:

Lew:

Funny, I was just thinking (while sitting in court yesterday) that if ONLY I hadn't been so damned good at not getting caught all those times I committed felonies, I wouldn't have been sitting there waiting to get picked for a jury.

>MUSICAL legend Sir Elton John said he was "shocked"
over the arrest of his rock star pal Pete Townshend,
saying he loved him and that he was thinking of him.

Brian:

Oh, THAT won't help things...next it will be Gary Glitter's "confession" about the Quad tour...

"I am for Affirmative Action"
     Trent "Clinton is a liar" Lott

                                             Cheers             ML