The Morning Papers

Far too many for me to go through, so here's the
links:

Rock star 'naive and foolhardy' to view child porn
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_738940.html
(English)
Ananova - Pete Townshend was "incredibly foolhardy,
naive and misguided" to enter a website advertising
child pornography, says an inte...

Pete Townshend in child porn controversy
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/12/1041990179285.html
(English)
Sydney Morning Herald - Rock star Pete Townshend
yesterday admitted having paid to enter an Internet
site advertising child pornography, but said he ...

Townshend: my crusade
http://www.itv.com/news/Correspondents193364.html
(English)
ITN - Pete Townshend has issued a written statement
this afternoon in which he revealed that he once used
a credit card to access a...

Townshend indagato: non sono pedofilo
http://www.lastampa.it/search/AlbiCerca/risultato.asp?IDarticolo=717925
(Italian)
La Stampa - LONDRA | Pete Townshend, il chitarrista
degli Who, ha negato duramente ieri di essere un
pedofilo ma ha ammesso di aver pagat...

Music figures back Townshend
(English)
BBC News - Music industry figures have backed Who star
Pete Townshend, after he admitted looking at child
porn on the internet. | Mr Tow...

Kid porn: Who, me?
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/50813p-47669c.html
(English)
New York Daily News - LONDON - Legendary rock star
Pete Townshend admitted yesterday he paid to access an
Internet child pornography site - but, he...

Who star in child porn riddle
http://observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,873125,00.html
(English)
The Observer - Rock superstar Pete Townshend yesterday
admitted buying child porn from an American internet
site 'to see what was there', bu...

I want to clear my name, says Who star
http://observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,873089,00.html
(English)
The Observer - A bright winter sun shone down
yesterday morning on the front door of the London
mansion called the Wick. Worth 3 milli...

Power chord pioneer's artful life
http://observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,873307,00.html
(English)
The Observer As early as 1970, Pete Townshend was
asked if he still considered himself to be fighting
against the establishment. He ripost...

In his own words
http://observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,873091,00.html
(English)
The Observer - I am not a paedophile. I have never
entered chat rooms on the internet to converse with
children. I have, to the contrary, be...

A life at the top
http://observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,873090,00.html
(English)
The Observer - Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend, born
in 1945 in London, started out playing banjo in a
Dixieland band in 1959 with John Ent...

Talkin' about his generation...
http://observer.co.uk/comment/story/0,6903,873062,00.html
(English)
The Observer - A poor week to be a rock star, but
isn't it always? Either you're young and successful,
in which case that jaggy adrenaline b...

Pete Townshend coinvolto in un inchiesta: non sono
pedofilo, studio i siti porno su Internet
http://www.corriere.it/edicola/index.jsp?path=SPETTACOLI&doc=2NOT
(Italian)
Corriere della Sera - Coinvolto in un inchiesta sulla
pedofilia, Pete Townshend (foto), anima degli Who, ha
negato di essere un pedofilo ma ha...

Ben s|byanc} depilim
http://www.hurriyetim.com.tr/haber/0,,sid~3@nvid~218716,00.asp
(Turkish)
Hurriyetim Turkish | ]ngiltere, yine gocuk pornosu
skandal}yla galkalan}yor.

Who, Me? Pete Denies Kid-porn Link
http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/53076.htm
(English)
New York Post Online - Aging British rocker Pete
Townshend denied he's a pedophile yesterday - claiming
he dabbled on kiddie porn Web sites to do re...

Rockstjdrna i pedofilhdrva
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/story/0,2789,249901,00.html
(Swedish)
Aftonbladet - Pete Townshend erkdnner besvk pe
barnporrsajter: Jag blev sjdlv utnyttjad som liten

The Who's Townshend says, "I'm not a pedophile"
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030112/people_nm/townshend_1
(English)
Yahoo Daily News LONDON (Reuters) - British rock star
Pete Townshend (), guitarist with legendary band The
Who, Saturday admitted paying to vi...

"Ich bin kein Pddophiler"
http://www.n-tv.de/3093041.html
(German)
CNN Germany - Der britische Rockmusiker Pete Townshend
hat bestritten, ein Pddophiler zu sein. Zugegeben hat
der 57-Jdhrige am Samstag...

A story of child porn, drugs and rock'n'roll
http://news.scotsman.com/celebrities.cfm?id=42502003
(English)
Scotsman - WHEN the world's first rock opera Tommy
premiered in 1969 it appeared an amazing work of
imagination by its creator, Pete Tow...

El guitarrista de +The Who;, Pete Townshend, niega ser
un paidsfilo
http://abc.es/gente/noticia.asp?id=155125&dia=hoy(Spanish)

ABC ES LONDRES. El guitarrista y compositor de +The
Who;, Pete Townshend, admitis ayer pzblicamente haber
bajado pornografma infantil...

Townshend in porn controversy
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/12/1041990175333.html
(English)
Sydney Morning Herald - Rock star Pete Townshend today
admitted having paid to enter an Internet site
advertising child pornography, but said he had ...

The Who's Townshend admits viewing child porn
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/comp/articleshow?artid=34116171
(English)
The Times Of India AFP | LONDON: Pete Townshend, the
guitarist for British rock group The Who, has said
that he had paid to view child pornograp...

Rock star claims that he was acting as a 'vigilante'
against child porn on the net
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=368581
(English)
The Independent - Pete Townshend makes statement
claiming he was abused when a child as part of his
defence against allegations he accessed ill...

Townshend: Child Porn Download Part of Research
(English)
Fox News LONDON - Guitarist Pete Townshend of The Who
said Saturday he downloaded child pornography from the
Internet ...

Who's Townshend denies he's pedophile, downloaded
kiddie porn for research
http://www.canada.com/halifax/story.asp?id=93D21CAF-7DA7-4FDA-BBA9-29E9ECBD2444
(English)
Canada Dot Com | LONDON (AP) - Guitarist Pete
Townshend of The Who said Saturday he downloaded child
pornography from the Inte...

People:
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=5623207
(English)
Scotsman - Shamed rock idol Pete Townshend of The Who
yesterday confessed to The "Yes I did buy child porn
on the Internet."

Townshend: I can explain
http://www.canoe.ca/TorontoNews/ts.ts-01-12-0009.html
C-News - Toronto - Who rocker admits he visited
kid-porn site, but for research

WHO STAR 'NAIVE AND FOOLHARDY'
http://www.teletext.com/news/story.asp?intArticleID=52571&intarticlenumber=7&intRegionID=19&intSubsectionID=1&From=I&indent=2
- Teletext (London) - Legendary rock guitarist Pete
Townshend was "foolhardy, naive and misguided" to
enter a website advertising child porn to conduct
research, a watchdog said.

Townshend admits he's on list, but not pedophile
http://www.suntimes.com/output/entertainment/cst-nws-pete12.html
Chicago Sun-Times
LONDON--Rock musician Pete Townshend on Saturday
admitted visiting child pornography sites on the
Internet but insisted, "I'm no pedophile."

Pete Townshend in kiddie fiddler shocker!
http://www.drownedinsound.com/article.php?id=5800
Drowned In Sound - Pete Townshend has been forced to
issue a statement denying he is a paedophile.

Who star denies child porn claim
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,5829811%255E663,00.html
Melbourne Herald Sun, Australia - ROCK legend Pete
Townshend is being investigated by British police over
claims the guitarist from The Who is involved in child
pornography. ...

WHO STAR IN NET PORN PROBE
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12223180,00.html
Sky News, UK - Rock legend Pete Townshend faces more
questions after he admitted paying to look at child
porn on the Internet. The songwriter, best ...

Child Pornography Was Research, Says British Rock Star
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/12/international/europe/12PORN.html?ex=1043038800&en=0206095e47b8b57b&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE
New York Times - (Reuters) The British rock star Pete
Townshend admitted today to having paid to view child
pornography on the Internet but denied he was a
pedophile and ...

Who's Townshend: I Studied Porn for Book
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44083-2003Jan11.html
Washington Post, DC - LONDON Guitarist Pete Townshend
of The Who said Saturday he downloaded child
pornography from the Internet while researching an
autobiography discussing ...

I'm no paedophile says Townshend...
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Articles.asp?Article=41472&Sn=WORL
Gulf Daily News, Bahrain - British rock star Pete
Townshend, guitarist with legendary band The Who,
yesterday admitted downloading child pornography from
the Internet but denied he was a ...

I'M NOT A GARY GLITTER
http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524751&method=thepeople_full&siteid=79490
Sunday People, UK - PALS mounted a suicide watch on
rock legend Pete Townshend yesterday as he denied
being a child porn pervert - declaring: "I'm no Gary
Glitter.". ...

DRINK, DRUGS AND GAY SEX
http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524759&method=thepeople_full&siteid=79490
Sunday People, UK - WILDMAN Townshend was once one of
rock's biggest hell-raisers, caught up in a mad
decadent whirl of booze, drugs and even GAY sex. ...

HE HELPED REHAB CENTRE
http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524754&method=thepeople_full&siteid=79490
Sunday People, UK - Townshend also released an album
of solo material three years ago and gave profits to
the Maryville centre which treats thousands of
children who are victims ...

A DARK MAN BUT ONE OF HONOUR
http://www.people.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524750&method=thepeople_full&siteid=79490
Sunday People, UK - THESE are the darkest hours of
Pete Townshend's life and those of us who know and
love him can only hope and pray no harm will come to
him as he faces that ...

EX-LABOUR MINISTERS IN INTERNET PORN CLAIM
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524296&method=sm_full&siteid=81959
Sunday Mirror, UK - ... The TV presenter and Townshend
come into the final category, which includes those
that are not thought to be a direct threat to
children. ...

I'M NO PAEDO
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524288&method=sm_full&siteid=81959
Sunday Mirror, UK - ROCK legend Pete Townshend
yesterday admitted he was the mystery star at the
centre of a child pornography probe - but denied being
a paedophile. ...

VOICE OF A GENERATION
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524298&method=sm_full&siteid=81959
Sunday Mirror, UK - PETE Townshend is best known as
the instrument-smashing guitarist in one of Britain's
top rock bands, The Who. He wrote most of ...

HE INFLUENCED A GENERATION
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/homepage/news/page.cfm?objectid=12524299&method=sm_full&siteid=81959
Sunday Mirror, UK - PETE Townshend is best known as
the driving force behind one of Britain's best-known
rock bands, The Who. As well as being the guitarist

And I'm sure there will be more to come...

-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com
http://mailplus.yahoo.com