Re: Such an organized effort...

I was thinking about this (organized effort) all day today. If this was some kind of organized effort to create a smokescreen, then he did it during a time when he should have kept a low profile.

Instead, he put The Who back to front and center with furious passion during the years between 1996-2003. They were in a coffin before that. At present they are household names again with an entirely new audience and they *did* plan this. Not the sort of thing you would do when you know you are caught in a scandal. Pete is not lying.
I don't think so either. I can understand what he means by "research," though is sounds odd as an excuse. If there's an organized effort at defense, then I think it's at the advice of his lawyer. There's the guy who's organized--at least in a legal sense.

keets