Re: Grammys

In a message dated 2/24/2003 3:17:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SicilianMother@aol.com writes:

> Simon and Garfunkel - beautiful harmonies, that is all I cared about
> I love Gwen Stefani - need a good rock and roll chick and she is it.
> Norah Jones of course
> N-sync tribute to Bee Gee's - ok, I cried.  Then re-wound to listened to
> see
> if N'snyc's harmonies were on......about 95% perfect.
> Nelly and Kelly, do they have something goin on?  They sure act like it
> London Calling - this was sooooo awesome, I love the Clash and also Dave
> Grohl.
> Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow - I hoped they'd sing "picture".  They sounded
> really, really good together.  Pamela should be worried, I see sparks.
> I loved LOVED NY philharmonic West Side Story - Mambo!!!!
>
> I loved the whole show.  I wish Santana would have played with Michele
> Branch.  Ho hums were Avril, and Eminem and yes, the Dixie Chicks
> ( love Landslide, but other than Natalie losing like 50 lbs, nothing really
>
> special about their performance.)  I have respect for Bruce but not a huge
> fan.  Coldplay was good if not interesting.
>
> I felt like I heard substantial applause for John Entwistle.

simon and garfunkel was awesome. great to see them together again, if only
for one performance (which is all I need!)

gwen stefani is probably the hottest chick in the industry since madonna!
(yum!! ah-hem. scuse me)

norah Jones is also a "babe" but also a great artist. if not bruce, i'm happy
she won the album of the year grammy. (factoid: she is the daughter of ravi
shankar but prefers not to be connected with him. not saying she dosent love
him, she just feels, like most artists like her, it's better if she is
connected with her own music, and I personally feel she can do that without a
hiccup)

venessa carlton, John mayer and James taylor: well, that song venessa did is
a very pretty song but i feel she kinda screwed up on some notes but other
than that, not bad. "4 stars!" says ben stein. ("2 stars" says naomi Judd,
the bitch!)  John mayer, mmmmmmmm (next one) James taylor, "sweet baby
James", always a pretty song, just find it interesting that he didn't do
anything from his new album. yo-yo-ma was a good addition.

N - sync's tribute to the bee gees: i was CRINGING at n sync's performance.
they couldn't get anybody else?  well, to see the two bee gees that are left
and barry giving the award to maurice's son on his father's behalf, all
touching, all sweet and all good. I liked it.

nelly and kelly: ::raseberry::

Kid rock and sheryl crow: now THESE two had a thing goin on until kid left
and went with pamela anderson. (a-hole!) still made a good performance. MAN
sheryl's hot! skinny, but still has some sex appeal there.   ; )

London calling: I watched that one over and over again. KILLER! by the way,
ya gotta love little steven! lol

avril Lavigne: well, she's a punk but on a "pop" level. so therefor, she
isn't one. HA! still, she did the one song i like from her and did it well.
at least "the kids" are TRYING to be hard edged!

bruce: always a great performance. not VERY good, but still good nonetheless.
 I hope I see him in concert. I always try but the tix sell out so fast!
BRUUUUUUUUCE!

substantial applause for entwistle: like I said somewhere else, at least he
got SOME applause. others who were mentioned didn't get ANY!  hell, i'm
surprised dee dee ramone got somethin!