george carlin

> George Carlin only wishes he was a genius like Pete Townsend.  As the saying
> goes <Pete> has more talent in his little finger then
> <Carlin> has in his
> whole body.
>
> Did anyone boo George?  That is what I would have done.

Johanna,

It wasn't Carlin who made the song parody of Pinball wizard, it was the dim-witted opening act.  I actually think Carlin is extremely talented, though his stuff in the 80s is far superior to what he does today.  He is a bit too overt today, relying on his loud, angry delivery to get laughs rather than clever humor.  Just an opinion, but he wasn't responsible for the Pete bashing.

mc