IWF Morons with Turrets.

>From: "Kenneth Hawkins" <ken.hawkins@nara.gov>
>Subject: Re: Pete in RS
>
>Rolling Stone is giving credit where credit IS NOT due.  IWF has not issued
>any such statement, they are as mum as ever on this matter.

I thought Pete's news article stated that the IWF had admitted their error?

>From: Rich <legalize@xmission.com>
>Subject: Re: ...an humiliating kick in the crotch.
>
>> I've come to the obvious conclusion, [...]
>> [...] that Pete Townshend is hereby and
>> forever fucked as a viable and important artist.
>
>Oh, I came to that conclusion the day this story broke.

Just because people find the silly song funny, doesn't mean that they actually *believe* the headlines.  *I* even chuckled a bit at this *and* the song played on Stern.

>We are too
>close to the situation to understand that most people are morons who
>will only remember the charges blasted on page one in 4 inch high
>type, while the retraction buried on page 36 in footnote size type a
>year and a half later will barely be acknowledged.

Again, total B....S.
Keep posting these Rich, and I'll keep posting "BS".
If you're too close, take a step back and talk with people.
I'm not too close, and I don't like being included in your broad paint strokes.

Were you too close to the list of other "press trials" that you posted, yet knew what the eventual truth was?
Seems the truth is getting through to *you*.
Doesn't it seem a bit arrogant to separate yourself from the rest of society like that??
I've got faith (See Jon!).

>From: "Kees van Impelen" <impelen@wxs.nl>
>Subject: RE: SicilianMother swinging her rolling pin!
>
>:-)You wanna learn some Dutch too? Here is the translation:
>stront, pis, neuk, kut, lullenzuiger, moederneuker, tieten.
>That will teach you!

I like that!
Just in case there was any sort of cultural-gap issue here.....
The "dirty words" I posted are actually part of George Carlin's most famous skit....
"The 7 dirty words you can't say on TV".  Circa.....1976 or so?

"Tater Tits....bet ya can't eat just *one*!"  GC.

Don't want anyone thinking I've come down with Turrets!

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
>Subject: Re: SicilianMother swinging her rolling pin!
>
>Well, thank God the neuking list is back up.  Stront, I thought
>it was gonna be down forever!  I missed all you lullenzuigers!
>P.S.:  Boy, how about the tietens on that Christina Ricci?  Neuk!

Funniest thing I've seen written here in a long, long, time!
I laughed out loud and had tears!

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: The shame-fame game
>
>I agree that Letterman would be a good interview.  People have some
>confidence in Dave's integrity, I think, and he doesn't let much go by.
>He'd be pretty sure to ask some probing questions that would clear up some
>of the questions in this case.

Agreed.  I'd be willing to bet it would be quite a ratings catcher too.

>However, I can't see the press conference happening.

I think, once Pete is allowed to talk about it, we'll be seeing diary entries, and then he'll let the press pick those up and run.
It's the one-on-one interviews that will allow him to really set things straight.

Not much time left in February.
Where is the fucking Police!

Kevin in VT
(I'll clean up my potty-mouth.  It's just.......well, you know....)