Re: The shame-fame game

players in the industry - I'm thinking of people like
Letterman - who could welcome him to the show when the
dust clears and an exoneration has been issued, to
provide a launching pad for his next chapter in the
fight.  I like the idea we were discussing a couple
weeks back about a press conference with folks like
Bono, Sir Elton, Sir Mick and others by his side.
I agree that Letterman would be a good interview. People have some confidence in Dave's integrity, I think, and he doesn't let much go by. He'd be pretty sure to ask some probing questions that would clear up some of the questions in this case.

However, I can't see the press conference happening. This is too delicate an issue, and Mick and Elton have too many skeletons in their own closets to get involved in it. I WAS somewht surprised to hear Sir Elton come out against the war this week--I don't recall hearing him make political comments before.

OTOH, I hope Dave Marsh's assessment that "this is
ruining Pete's life" is not based on first hand
information.  I hope Pete knows that he has alot of
friends who support him UNCONDITIONALLY.
I dunno. Maybe he's been in contact with Pete, and maybe he's projecting. Hard to say.

keets