Re: ...an humiliating kick in the crotch.

This past Sunday evening, the Mrs. and I attended the George Carlin concert at the Pike's Peak Center in Colorado Springs...

As Bozo got to the first verse, he sang, "Ever since I was young boy, I've played with little boys..." to the howls of the audience...
Since you don't mention the guy's name, I gather you didn't get it. However, if he opened for Carlin, they must have some relationship. I'd suggest we might contact George Carlin to complain and ask that he pass the truth along. I don't see a contact email for him right away, but I'll check around. There's a BBS on his website where we could post, but an email address would be better.

I've come to the obvious conclusion, aside from the fact that I believe this "comedian" should be stripped naked in the middle of the town square and have his tiny tinkler ridiculed for a day or two, that Pete Townshend is hereby and forever fucked as a viable and important artist. The public is too shallow minded to care if he's innocent or not and he will always be remembered as a man who likes to diddle children instead of the humanitarian, musical genius, and philosopher of the human condition that I believe him to be. Unless some miracle occurs, I believe his legacy is forever lost - except with us,
We'll see. I've been reflecting on this somewhat, too, and it's possible we're watching false history being written before our eyes. I've been thinking the homosexual rumors will lead to a false history, and now this is added on. So hundreds of years down the road, Pete has something of the same reputation Socrates has, or something like that--corrupting the young men of Athens, uh, I mean England. :)

I still think Pete should try to counter this in some way. A solo album about it would get something on record. Also, becoming a well-known anti-child porn advocate a la Bono might help.

keets