Re: The shame-fame game

By the way, Brian, thank you for keeping these articles coming.

Here's Ferman's eddress:

dferman@star-telegram.com

Here's Louis Black's feedback form:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/info/email_directory.php

keets

Lately we've had to strike that balance more and more:
Two rock icons (the Who's Pete Townshend and producer
Phil Spector) were arrested recently, Townshend during
an Internet child-porn sting, and Spector after a
shooting death in his home.

"I think the Townshend thing will be a small stain,"
says Louis Black, editor of The Austin Chronicle and a
director of the South By Southwest music festival. "In
50 years, this won't define him, because rock writers
don't want to believe it -- whereas we want some
people to get their comeuppance, like Martha Stewart.
Some people are Teflon and some people aren't.

Black says that the Townshend arrest will be very
damaging in the short term, because before this he was
seen as a creative, thoughtful songwriter who -- based
on such records as Tommy and Quadrophenia -- cared
deeply about young people.