Re: Jon...help...please!!!

In a message dated 2/15/03 1:23:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
petenotped@hotmail.com writes:

> Have we established which CDs have both a reasonable vocals mix (EB, that's
> the sounds that are coming out of the mouths of Daltrey, etc.) and no
> friggin'
> clicking noise coming from the bass?

I listened to the ones that I have in my possession and related them to one
another. Keep in mind that these are not polished recordings and that is what
makes them cool. I am not ratting them here by performance, just by loudness
(1-10) and by how the instruments and vocals relate in the mix.

I bought the shows that others recommended on this list and on the Who chat
board and these are the ones that I have now.  The rest should get here this
week.

Toronto. No need to save energy. 10
Loud Guitar. Powerful drum sound.  Vocals a bit low. Ave. to Good Bass My
favorite.

Dallas. "And you thought we wouldn't sell out." 10
Loud Guitar. Loud drums. Very good Bass. Good Vocals. You won't be sorry.

Hershey Pa. "Fuck Off." 9
Very loud vocals from Roger. drums not so loud. Pino medium. Lots of funny
banter.

Las Vegas "See Ya John" 8
Loud Guitar. Loud Bass. Medium Drums. Medium vocals

Wantaugh NY Jones Beach Very Upbeat mood. Lots of banter 8
Pretty loud guitar.  Loud Drums.  Roger a bit low. Bass low.  One of my
favorite shows

Columbus. I am the Phantom of the opera.  Very personal TKAA. Curfew. Was the
stage really too small, Scott? 9
Loud Guitar.  Medium/low drums.  Good vocals.  Low Bass

Detroit.  I hear you used to make Automobiles 'round here. 8
Even mix. Not that punchy though

Grand Rapids. Pete breaks guitar string. loses temper. Makes up for it big
time. 9
Loud Guitar. Medium-3/4 drums. Pretty low Bass. Low/ Good Vocals

Mansfield II "We-Will-Be-Back" 10
Loud Guitar. Loud Drums. Loud Bass. Medium Vocals.  Great show to get.

Gorge.  Roger Ripped one. Pete smashed Guitar. 7
Muted guitar sound relative to other encores. Good Vocals. Low Bass. Medium
Drums.  This contains a blistering display by Pete on lead guitar in the
second CD starting w/MG.

Irvine. The show After Las Vegas.
Loud Guitar. Great Bass. the best.  Medium Drums. Good Vocals.
I am surprised at how great this one sounded.  I was too harsh on it before.
It has a uniquely balanced sound that we all should hear!  Sorry about that,
Lew.

Well, there you have it as of 2-15-03 in my opinion and rough unscientific
(!) summary.  They are wonderful.  The Who are wonderful.  Rock on Jim!

Jon in Mi.