Re: Pete's situation

> I think the only alternative would have been for Pete or his agent
> to deny the accusations, which has the risk of being misunderstood
> as a lie.

This would've been a huge mistake.  I think one of the reasons Pete
seems to be getting the benefit of the doubt is because he's been so
open & honest about what he did.

Denying the allegations wouldn't just run "the risk of being misunder-
stood as a lie," it would've *been* a lie!  Then the cops could've
said, "Ah ha!  We have proof via your computer that you accessed the
site in question."

That would've been followed by an awkward admission that, yes, he did
look at the site once, etc., etc.

I think by admitting everything (knock on wood) upfront, Pete has put
the cops in an uncomfortable situation.  Their whole operation may be
compromised if it looks as if non-pedophiles are getting swept up in
this dragnet along with actual pedophiles.  The cries of "witch-hunt"
have already started.

I just hope they don't feel the need to make some kind of example with
Pete by coming down really hard on him.  I hope they have the decency to
judge his case accordingly.

- SCHRADE in Akron