Re: Pete's situation

In a message dated 2/11/03 10:37:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> .  Interesting to
> speculate, eh?

Yes, we are of course just speculating here. There is the legal view and the
moral view. I believe that from a 'legal" standpoint he should have not said
out loud that he did use his credit card, because that is a public admission
to braking the law. This leaves no question an anyone's mind as to whether or
not he actually did do it.  If he had not said that, people could think maybe
he didn't even do it at all.  His admission erased that thought. The right to
remain silent is for this reason.

I believe that in his personal view, he was more interested in letting it be
known that he is being upfront, because he knows that he really is innocent
of what he is being accused of.  He did use the card and it will show up. If
he didn't admit it, it would look worse.  This tells me that he does care
about what people think about him, especially those close enough to him to
care enough to stay interested.

He also has a lifetime of honesty behind him and ahead of him to protect.  If
he is not honest, then he is nothing.  I respect this, and we respect this,
but many curious folks just want to see somebody hanged.  This is the morbid
core.  In the end, his honesty will cause his triumph.  He is a long-term
thinker. He did the right thing.

Jon in Mi.