Re: Encore Series - Roger on my Shoulder

---- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Lewinski" <lewinski@icanon.com>

> Buuuuuuttttttt, the vocals (Roger in particular) are so far
> forward in front of the music (i.e. louder) that I feel as
> though Roger is riding on my shoulder while I'm listening
> to the CDs in my car.    I have both the Hershey and Mansfield II
> shows.

Being new to the list, the best thing about it so far for me has been
finding out about these CDs.  I didn't attend the tour because of John's
death and, frankly, I thought Roger sounded awful in the concert for NYC,
although the band totally rocked.  I basically didn't want my final Who
concert to be disappointing.  I just got the Masfield II set yesterday (my
local venue), and I couldn't have been more wrong.  Yes, Roger's voice has
been showing some age in the last few years, but Pete's renewed vigor would
have more than made up for that.  One of life's great lost opportunities for
me, I guess.  The only comforting thing was hearing Pete yell "WE WILL BE
BACK" before launching into ICE.

As far as sound quality goes, I had basically the opposite impression of the
vocals.  I thought they were muffled. Especially Pete, but Roger, too.  More
noticable to me, though, was a funny percussion sound that seemed to be
coming from the bass.  I'm not a musician, so hopefully someone else can say
for sure, but it sounds to me like there's often a clicking, similar to two
drum sticks coming together, when Pino plucks a string.  I'd really like to
know if that's it and if it's there on other recordings.

Jim M