Re: Time to whine, but what good will it do?

Allow me to introduce myself.  I am a fan of about 20 years who and just
subscribing to this list a few weeks ago in light of recent events.  As a
member of IGTC's Boston Celtics list for several years, I've been aware of
this list and read it on-line only occasionally.  I've always been content
to simply enjoy the music, but haven't had any urge to talk about it.  What
is currently unfolding in England has changed that for me, and I've found it
very comforting to read the sympathy, compassion and outrage being felt by
other fans.  First, let me say how impressed I am by the way you have all
reacted in such a constructive way to this travesty. Now for my paranoia....

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karyn O'Connor"
<koconnor@importproducts.com>

> Kevin in VT wrote:
>
> The silence around this whole Pete thing is really bringing me down.
> It's completely off the press' radar now.  I think it's also out of most
> people's mind as well.  Unfortunately, it's the last thought that remains
in people's minds.  Pete =
> naughty kiddy picture viewer.

I think this is getting ahead of things.  Pete is not in the clear yet and
we shouldn't be thinking that he is.  What he did is apparently illegal and
his research defense, while I believe it completely, may not save him
legally.  I'm concerned that the longer the police take, the more likely it
is that they are putting together evidence to bring charges.  If they don't,
there will be plenty of time for Pete to do the TV show cicuit and become a
spokesman against child abuse.  I didn't feel this way at first, but I do
now.  I think most people will believe his defense....as long as he doesn't
get charged.

Jim M