Time to whine, but what good will it do?

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Time to whine a little?
>
>http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_749382.html
>
>Maybe this is a good occasion for Who fans to whine a little about how this

>extended investigation is impacting Who fandom.

I've been having a pretty tough couple of weeks.
The silence around this whole Pete thing is really bringing me down.
It's completely off the press' radar now.  I think it's also out of most
people's mind as well.
Unfortunately, it's the last thought that remains in people's minds.  Pete =
naughty kiddy picture viewer.

FUCK!
BBC won't air piece on Keith.....because of Pete!

At the moment, Pete is indeed "damaged goods".
The longer "the moment" lasts, the more difficult it will be to reverse the
above perception.

Roger is quite optimistic that The Who will play again.  I feel like he
realizes that he needs to keep this story alive, and start vocally defending
Pete, or The Who may never be able to take the stage again.

>I hesitate to interfere
>with the police lest the effort backfire,

I don't think anyone will give a shit about how this effects Who fandom.
Really.

>Not only will the TCT concerts go on without them if this
>investigation continues, but all these other possible charity performances
>will go wanting, as well.

This is a much stronger "lean".
But, I just don't have any hope that anyone in the press will run with
anything related to Pete short of "police quiz Pete again and decide not to
press charges due to lack of any sort of evidence in his computers, etc.".

If this questioning is delayed again past February, Pete is indeed "fucked",
if he's not already.
How long does it take to research computers for fucks sake!
They're dragging their feet to allow the dust to settle.  Then, we'll get a
very tiny statement that will be released in some obscure way.
It will be up to us to amplify that statement!

Until then, I feel completely powerless.

Kevin in VT
(with Time Mag. opened to Pete article staring him in the face at every
meal.)